The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Back to Bama

After a short week at work, I made my way up to Indianapolis for the Formula One US Grand Prix festivities. My drive up was pleasant as I had no fixed schedule to meet. I stopped over in Nashville at Fork's Drum Closet to pick up new heads for my drums as well as a few pairs of drumsticks. Next was a stop just before the Kentucky line at Jeff Wald's place - a drumming friend of mine whose wife recently received her real estate license and needed some headshots for some of her materials. I was happy to have been able to help out. Played on Jeff's drums a bit then had a bite to eat before continuing on to Indy. I checked in at the hotel without incident and soon was off to sleep.

Friday morning came a bit earlier as I was in the eastern time zone now instead of central. After a quick breakfast, I headed to join my friends at the BMW Corral and get all my paperwork and vehicle pass for race day. Finally, I was at the track. This time, I was only planning to take photos on Friday so I'm not hauling around all my camera equipment the rest of the weekend. I got several good shots, some of which I'll post here and then put the rest on my photo gallery (the link is in the column on the right). I got a good shot of Scott Speed, the only American driver in F1. During practice, he had a problem with his car as he was going down the pit lane exit and he walked right by where I was on his way back to the pits.

I got my shopping done on Friday also. Not too much this year, just 2 shirts. I try to get that done right away as later on in the weekend, vendors run out of the size I need and all they have left are XXL stuff. I spent the remainder of the day moving around the track and hanging out with friends.

No comments: