The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thanks, but no.

As more and more people find out about the photography side of my life, I naturally receive more requests to do shoots. That's a good thing. Today though, I got asked about shooting another wedding. I say "another" because I've shot 2 already. The thing is though, I just don't feel comfortable enough shooting weddings. Not the technical aspect mind you, I can definitely get the shots, but more so knowing what shots the family wants to get. I have a good friend that's a wedding photographer. I've offered to help he and his business partner shoot weddings as a third phtographer or assistant so I can at least learn from someone who shoots these types of events for a living. That should happen soon so maybe I can pick up a few wedding gigs here and there. Aside from that, I also need additional items like a backup body and another flash unit. I'd hate to be responsible for the images at such an important event only to have an equipment malfunction totally messing up the day. Those additional items can put quite a dent in the wallet though. For a second body, I'd really love to have either Canon's 1Ds Mark II or the 1D Mark IIN - the latter for it's speed and usefulness for sports.

Despite all the above, I did accept a request to shoot an outdoor wedding for a friend's friend. I've got a good handle on lighting outdoors PLUS the bride and groom are furnishing me with a list of shots they want. That should make things easier... I hope.

Anyone see the F1 race today in Spain? Renault's Fernando Alonso won! I just like that kid. Maybe this year I can get an autograph or something at Indy. That would be cool. We'll see. The CBS coverage I was dreading wasn't too terribly bad which was a pleasant surprise. Two weeks from now they'll be racing in Monaco. There's not a lot of passing there but it's exciting to watch. If I had the means, that would be a place I'd like to see the race in person at.

In other car news, I got the hail damage repaired on my car this week. The damage was light enough that the paintless dent repair (PDR) service was all it took to get the metal back nice and smooth without damaging the paint. It would really stink to have a car not even a year old needing paint work!

Today was a good day for me... church this morning, lunch with friends at Kyoto then dinner at Jawana's. Watched Extreme Home Makeover afterwards then stopped off at my sister's new place before heading to the homestead.

Sigh. The weekend's over. Back to bizz-nass.

Oh, I've added my buddy Kenneth to my list of blog buddies. He's a good friend from back in my high school days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're an awesome photographer, Jonathan! There's no doubt about that. Take it slow, get the equipment you need, and you'll be in full demand in no time. I'll come be your... uh... helping hand... okies? ;)