The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A catch-up of sorts.

I've finally posted a couple of photos from recent personal stuff I've worked on. I have plenty more that I'll get posted as time permits.

A few weeks ago, me and some of the band got together one night to record a quick and dirty demo CD we needed to provide to some venues that we were hoping to play at. Despite the less than optimal circumstances of recording outside of a studio environment, it came out sounding pretty decent although I wasn't overly thrilled with my playing. We didn't have the luxury of listening to each track as it was recorded - we just played then moved to the next song for the most part. It did make me look forward to doing a studio session in the near future though.

Formula One. That's a topic I haven't talked about lately. The engine and rule changes this year have made F1 races the most exciting I have seen in quite a while. Cars are more closely matched and no one in particular is running away with the championship so far. Renault is leading in the meantime but Ferrari is clawing away at their lead. McLaren and Honda aren't too far behind, they're definitely in the mix. The USGP is coming up in a few weeks. I always look forward to that weekend to see the race live and in person! I received my tickets not too long ago. Whee! Tomorrow they're racing in Spain. CBS is covering the race... I MUCH prefer it when Speed TV covers it but oh well. I think that out of the 19 races, 4 are on CBS including Indy.

Anyway, had a productive Saturday. I got out the hedge trimmer and whipped the bushes in front of my house back into shape. They were starting to get a bit out of hand. This wasn't the holly bush hedge though. If you'll remember last year, you know how much I look forward to dealing with that. After cleaning up all the clippings, I got cleaned up and headed out for lunch and to get some shopping done. I hit the local mall but ended up in Huntsville where I finally found what I was looking for. Came back home and watched some racing then messed around the house a bit (which includes this blog update!).

Time for bed.

No comments: