The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Click. Click. Click.

I think I had a photo shoot every day this week. No kiddin. Some architectural stuff early in the week then some product photography midweek. Wrapped up the week shooting at a college girls softball tournament going on nearby. 22 teams are here for it, one of which my employer sponsored. I've got a truckload of shots from that. They had set up some scaffolding for the photographers to use so I took full advantage of that. Up high, you don't have the protection of the fence or net so you have to keep one eye on the action at all times or you could be in for a nasty (and PAINFUL) suprise. The weather cooperated and made for a very pleasant time outdoors. I'm glad I work my thick khakis because the tops of the scaffolding were very rough (for traction I'm sure) and I was kneeling most of the time.

After I finished at the ball game Friday, I went by the venue where a local dance studio performs. I had to pick up a copy of the program and production notes as I'll be doing all the performance photography this weekend. These notes will be a guide for me so I'll know what to expect from each performance. It'll be a fun but VERY busy time for me. I'll have my kneepads on for sure as I'll be doing a lot of crawling around between the first row of seats and the stage to get my shots.

My buddy Kyle will be upstairs shooting video, but he has the luxury of being in one spot watching what he's recording on a laptop screen. Between performances, I'll join him there on a bank of laptop computers to download photos from my memory cards and burn the data to DVD so I'll be ready for the next round. I am READY this time. I have 12 GIGS of memory cards on me and 2 camera bodies. The 2 camera bodies lets me put a short lens on one and a long lens on the other so I won't have to go through the hassle of switching lenses (which can be a bit tough in the dark) to get all the action, just grab the appropriate camera and shoot.

As if that isn't enough fun for one day, I have band practice this morning. I'm really glad we were all able to fit a practice in though. It's been a hectic week for all of us in the band but you still have to get in a practice somehow. Our gig is coming up this weekend so practicing is a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know....... it wouldn't kill you to talk about sex every once in awhile. ;]

Bart said...

Jonathan... I didn't know you were such a good photographer. Jim told me about your blog. Good work!