The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Photos and more photos...

OMG. Sorting and processing this last batch of photos from the dance recital a few weeks ago has been quite an ordeal. I really took a few thousand shots... all in RAW. I shot in RAW because of the rapidly changing light conditions and to easily set the white balance for each scene... of which there were 68 in each show... and there were 3 shows. Thankfully, I'm about done with that and can start uploading those this week. Jawana tells me that some other parents of kids in the recital were getting kid of antsy to see the photos so the answer to them is "VERY SOON NOW". These shots don't go straight from my camera to be uploaded - some work has to be done to them before they're ready. That's the time consuming part.

Shot a wedding this past Friday afternoon. Thanks to Lesa, I had a backup camera body to use in case mine malfunctioned for some reason. I did get one error that locked up my camera but it was cleared when I removed the batteries for a few seconds. Whew! It was an outside wedding so you can imagine I was pretty warm as I was doing my thing. After the wedding and the reception, I was pretty much worn out.

Saturday was a day of domestication as I did laundry and general home stuff. I was able to get out a bit and get some shots of a soccer tournament going on for a work project before coming home and taking a much deserved LONG nap. Joined some friends to grill out steaks and enjoy a nice evening in the country.

Church was a blast today! Music went off without a hitch with some really good crowd participation in the last songs. Wow! That was exciting. After a quick lunch at Quizno's, it was back to church again for band practice. I pretty much spent the rest of the day working on photos so that would be how I wrapped up my weekend.

Oh, I did get to tape then watch the British Grand Prix. Ya know I can't be missing my F1 races now...

No comments: