The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Nice weather.

Wow. As predicted (for ONCE!!!), this weekend's awesome weather made itself known. Once I finally got rolling this morning, I called up Kyle (who was still looking at the inside of his eyelids) to see if he was up to helping me shoot at the gardens. Half an hour later we were on the way.

When we arrived, there were a LOT of people there. Kyle remembered there was some sort of plant sale going on. With all the folks around, the parking people routed us to park WAY off from the entrance. I was kind of pissed about that because as we walked up to the entrance, there were several open parking spaces there. Grr.

Once inside, there was considerably more stuff in bloom then my last visit there just a few weeks ago. I was able to take plenty of good shots. I also realized why many photographers carry multiple camera bodies with them - changing lenses frequently gets tiresome. That's the price you gotta pay though to get the kinds of shots that make people go "wow!". It was a productive time - took several shots and also came up with more ideas for a side project that's in the works.

Lunch was handled by Landry's. At first, they gave me the dinner menu. I don't mind expensive food, but I wasn't in the mood to spend $20+ on lunch. After I asked, they brought me the lunch menu which was much more reasonable. I had some fried oysters and a hunk of catfish. The catfish was VERY tasty. Much more so than what I've gotten at Cracker Barrel. It's not that the CB catfish is bad, just that the Landry's version is MUCH more flavorful.

The next stop was to be at a park but lunch was kind of heavy so I figured we'd walk it off by strolling around BestBuy to see if there was anything I couldn't live without. Ran into Big John there. Right after that, Scott came on the scene. He was there getting a "system" installed in his car. Cool stuff. Went to Barnes & Noble and strolled around then dropped into Old Navy to see what they had. After not buying anything we started to head to the park then decided we were both tired... and old. LOL! Headed back to town and dropped Kyle off and went home.

I think I'll do some reading tonight and take it easy. What a good day.

No comments:

Blog Archive