The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What be the haps?

Wow. Busy couple of days for me! Tuesday went well... capped it off with dinner at Macaroni Grill with a co-worker of mine. The salmon was amzing as usual. I've had that dish twice lately so it's time to change it up again on the next trip. Wisely, I opted to not have dessert as I would have been "uncomfortable" seeing as how I was already stuffed to the gills. Did a Best Buy walk thru where I picked up Van Helsing on DVD.

Work was different today as the server I ordered a few weeks ago arrived for delivery. It's a sweet machine for sure. I've got to finish setting users up on it tomorrow as well as familiarizing myself with the new backup software. I'm really pleased with it the little I've been exposed to it so far. Stayed late at the office getting as much done on it as possible.

Oh, had a nearly city-wide power outage today. THAT was special. What's funny is that our owner thought we had something to do with it as we were in the middle of getting the server in place. Oh, the big honkin UPS I got for the server takes a special kind of power outlet. Luckily for us, our building owner is an electrician. How convenient is that? An hour later we had the right outlet in place. Turns out the cause of the blackout was a squirrel at a main electrical station shorted something out. I was telling Lesa that I'm sure the squirrel went out with a bang. She commented that she thought feathers went everywhere. I told her "I don't know where you went to school, but when I was in biology class, squirrels had fur..." Good times.

Went over to Ashley's next to watch how a rifle comes together from parts. That was interesting. I'm getting a better idea of how I want mine built so I'm a little closer to getting my order together.


No comments: