The day to day account of how the majority of my waking hours are spent here in the great state of Alabama. - UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT Jonathan Moral - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED THIS IS MY OLD BLOG - MY CURRENT BLOG IS LOCATED AT: http://blog.jonathanmoral.com

Friday, February 06, 2004

It's the weekend. Again.

Work was the most normal today than it has been in quite awhile. Made progress on a few things, basiscally laying the groundwork for the next salvo of reports that will be coming due soon. My usual billing debacle is off to a running start as the people that are to provide me with it are all confused as to who is going to be doing it now. The responsibilities are transitioning from one individual to another group this month so this is the "gray area" time period. I've got the emails circulating to get some action taken on this.

For lunch, Alson (my manager's manager) and I headed to Macaroni Grill. Ate a HUGE meal of grilled salmon and lobster with a sauce of some sort. Yum. She had chicken portabello.

The remainder of the afternoon was pretty uneventful. The only thing worth noting is that a vendor came by and dropped of a piece of equipment I need to test out. I'm setting up a test platform to verify that network gear, specifically routers and CSU's that are returned from the field, are functional and can be re-deployed. This pieve of equipment I received will act as the frame-relay cloud. For you non-techies out there, let's just call it the phone company. I'll get that all set up Monday I suppose.

Found out that Kailyn has some sort of stomach flu. Poor thing. That's got to suck when you're that young and don't understand what's going on. Heck, it still sucks when you're older and DO understand. Good news on Dave's hernia surgery. Looks like recovery time won't be as severe as it could be.

Kyle gave me a jingle to see about running to HSV with him and Jeff to shoot pool at the Jazz Factory. I opted not to go as it was still crappy outside plus I was really kinda tired from work and didn't want to get back out again. From reading his blog it was probably a good idea not to go... he looks to be coming down with something.

On a completely different note, I felt real bad this morning (and most of the day for that matter) about that Carlie girl they found dead in Florida. I know we hear about people getting killed and stuff all the time but for some reason this girl stuck out more to me. With all the news coverage on it, I guess I just got pulled in more. I'm really saddend about that family's loss. Why did that guy kill her? I just don't understand. What would drive someone to abduct anyone and kill them? Especially a kid. That just pisses me off.

No comments: